Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
4 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
6 crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, do not remove the cream
- whisk egg yolks with half cup of sugar until smooth and pale (ribbon stage).
- while whisking, heat milk, cream, and remaining sugar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat until just below boiling point.
- pour the milk mixture over the egg mixture and whisk again to temper the yolks.
- pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook until it reach 170 degree C or until it can coat the back of your spoon and leaves trace when you draw a line with your finger. remove from heat.
- stirring from time to time to prevent the skin from forming until it reach room temperature. chill overnight in fridge.
- process in your ice cream maker according to the manuals. add in the crushed cookies on half-time of the process. return the ice-cream into freezer for another 2-3 hours or until firm.
thanks for reading.. :)