yihii.. another MasBar task done! this is my second time joining masbar event, this time i really want to commit on masbar. this month's theme is 'rice'. as i am living in a country where most of the people eat rice everyday, i should make this easy. but in the fact, it's not easy for me. i've been planning on making this recipe on last Thursday, but there's always something missing from the ingredients. then i decide to make them today. today, i also have to make a quick run to the nearest supermarket to buy mushrooms. it's all because i woke up late and the mushrooms in the traditional market have already sold.
Arancini ai Funghi
- heat olive oil in a medium saucepan, sautee the onion and garlic until fragrant. add in the rice, stock, tomato paste, pepper, and salt. close the lid, stir occasionally so that the rice won't browned. cook until there's no stock left and the rice have cooked.
- heat the butter, sautee the smoked beef and mushrooms until half cooked. remove from heat.
- add the sauteed mushrooms into the rice mixture, add in the eggs, parsley, and cheese. stir until completely incorporated.
- take 1 tablespoon of rice at a time, shape them each until becoming a cylinder. do it until all the mixture runs out. roll in flour and deep fry them until golden brown. remove from heat and drain.
- serve warm.
- i used baby shitake mushroom instead of portabello mushrooms (i like it more with baby shitake than portabello, i just love the shitake's texture in it)
- i used quick melt cheddar instead of mozarella. i save my money for not buying mozarella ;p
- i used chopped leek instead of parsley, i know it has different taste, but doesn't mean too much for me. again, i saved my money ;p