Coconut Mango Jelly
- make bottom layer first by bringing agar-agar powder, water, sugar and coconut milk slowly to boil in a saucepan, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved. remove and set aside to cool. when it has cooled halfway, stir in the mango puree. pour the mixture into a cakepan so that it is no more than 3/4 full. chill in the fridge for 20 minutes until set.
- while the bottom layer is chilling, make the top layer by bringing the agar-agar powder, sugar, water, and pandan essence to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until agar is dissolved. add the pinch of salt, and mix well. stir in the mango puree.
- arrange the mango slices on top of the bottom layer and pour the top layer over. avoid the two layers to delaminate after setting by pouring hot top layer over the cool bottom layer. chill to set for about 40 minutes.
- slice, serve chilled.
what happened in my kitchen?
- i omitted the mango slices and those starfruit slices in the pictures are just a garnish.
- i only used 2 drops of pandan essence since the coloring is too much and the taste are quite strong. it will be bitter if i put in 2 tbsp.