hello again readers, April's came!
today, i tried cheese chiffon cake from Femina recipe book. i'm quite disappointed with the taste so do most people in my house and my bf included. except for my mom, she loves the not-so-tasty taste, well in fact she doesn't like sweets as much as savories and this time the chiffon is a bit salty, that's why she loves it. for more chiffon to go, i am planning on making cream cheese chiffon cake, cinnamon chiffon cake, and dark chocolate chiffon cake. they're all from KBB's members' blog. i'll post them too later, hmm i can't imagine how my blog will be full of chiffon cake later. hahaha.
Cheese Chiffon Cake
- preheat the oven at 180 degree C. prepare 24 cm ungreased chiffon pan.
- mix flour with 2 tbsp caster sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. make a well in the center on the flour, add in the egg yolks, oil, and milk. mix until smooth, set aside.
- beat the egg whites with cream of tartar and the remaining sugar until soft peak forms.
- gently fold a little of the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture to lighten it, and then add the rest of the whites folding until evenly incorporated.
- pour the batter into the prepared pan. bake for approximately 75 minutes.
- once it has already springy to the touch, take out of the oven and turn the pan upside down on its legs or by inserting the neck of a bottle into a hole in the center of the pan. let cool completely.
- take the cake out of the pan by using a long thin knife or a metal spatula.
what happened in my kitchen?
- instead of fresh milk, i used solution of evaporated milk and water with ratio 2:3.
- i replaced 1 tbsp flour with 1 tbsp cornstarch.
- i used all purpose flour because i ran out of cake flour.
that's all for the cheese chiffon cake.. hope you're not afraid to try it yourself.
thanks for reading, HAPPY BAKING! :D