Apple and Cream Cheese Cake
- cake: preheat the oven to 350 degree F (180 deg C/ gas mark 4)
- butter and flour a 13x9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan.
- mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- beat the cream cheese, butter, and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just blended after each addition.
- with mixer at low speed, gradually beat in the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk.
- spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- apple topping: place the apples in a medium bowl and toss with the lemon juice.
- mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. add the sugar mixture to the apple slices and toss to coat well.
- arrange the apple slices over the batter.
- bake for 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- serve warm straight from the pan with a dollop of whipped cream.
what happened in my kitchen?
- i did a miscount. i should have cut all the ingredients half but it's just the cream cheese that i cut down because 125gr cream cheese is all i got. the butter and sugar is still in the same amount as written on the recipe. but as the result of this, i didn't taste any cream cheese in my cake. haha
- due to problem above, i reduce the amount of flour into 250gr.
- when all the ingredients for the cake have incorporated, i felt that it's still to thick, so i add another 10ml of milk. voila! the cake came out just right. thanks God!
- i add 50gr chopped walnut to the topping, just scattered them on the arranged apples.