by Krystina Castella
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
12 graham crackers, finely crushed
2 @8 ounces packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
4 large egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- preheat the oven to 350 degree F. insert liners into a medium cupcakes pan and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- combine the butter and graham crackers in a small bowl. evenly sprinkle 1 heaping teaspoon of the mixture on the bottom of the cupcake liners.
- in a large bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- in a separate bowl combine the egg whites and cream of tartar. with clean beaters, mix on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- carefully fold the egg white mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- carefully, spoon the batter into the cupcake liners until quarters full. bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edge are puffed but the centers look moist. cover and chill cupcakes in the pan in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
- serve these with maple syrup and walnut. drizzle maple syrup on the plates or over the cupcakes and top with walnuts
- i just realized that maybe i don't really like the scent of almond essence when it was put in cakes. so i didn't use the almond essence. but i still love it when it is on pudding! :)
- i didn't have maple syrup and it's quite expensive to buy here. so i looked for the substitution and found a recipe for it. perhaps it doesn't taste as good as maple syrup.. i forgot how maple syrup actually taste like since i only taste that twice (i guess), all that i remember is that maple syrup is sweet. hahaha. you can find the recipe here.
why don't you try this at home, people? anyhow, thanks for reading and HAPPY BAKING!