today, i finally made my bitterballen. hihi. it turned out almost perfect, i'm just lacking my skill on frying. hahaha. and actually making bitterballen is not that hard, it's quite simple.. the funny thing is that usually i was a really lazy girl on turning the batter until it forms a ball. i did that patiently this time and it gives me quite a satisfaction to look at. hihi.
so this is the recipe that i got from 'Resep Kita' :
300 gr ground beef
75 gr all purpose flour, sifted
500 ml fresh milk
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion, minced
1 leek, finely chopped
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
50 gr shredded cheese
3 tbsp butter / margarine
2 eggs, beaten
- Sautee the onion and the garlic with the melted butter on a pan.
- Mix in the ground nutmeg, pepper, and salt.
- Blend in the finely chopped leek and the ground beef.
- Add the shredded cheese, cook a while until it's melted. turn off the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and by using two teaspoons shape it into a bite-size ball.
- Roll the ball in beaten eggs then roll it over the breadcrumbs.