1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp light rum
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp icing sugar
6 tbsp caster sugar
whole strawberries, to decorate
- put the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar into a saucepan and stir over a low heat for about 5 minutes until they start to soften. remove from the heat, stir in the jam and rum, then divide between 4 ramekins.
- preheat the grill to hot. in a bowl mix together the creme fraiche, whipped cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence. spoon the mixture over the strawberries and level the surfaces. sprinkle the caster sugar over the top, allowing 1.5 tbsp per ramekin.
- cook under the preheated grill, as close to the flames or element as possible, for 2-3 minutes, until the sugar caramelizes. remove from the grill, decorate with whole strawberries and serve immediately.
- alternatively, to serve chilled, leave to cool to room temperature, then cover with clingfilm and place in the refrigerator to chill for 3-4 hours.
- personally, i love this dessert to be eaten when its cold. it will be more refreshing.
thanks for reading people, have a good day! :)