Sunday morning rain is falling..fortunately that lyrics from Maroon 5's Sunday Morning didn't happen this morning. haha. cause if it did so, maybe i wouldn't be able to take any pictures of my lime zest cookies. yeaa, you know, i still can't do my best on measuring and set a perfect aperture or shutter for daddy's DSLR on cloudy/rainy day especially indoor. i'm far too bad to be compared with him on taking pictures. hoho. as what i've mentioned above, today i made lime zest cookies. sorry to say, but it tastes usual for me even though sometimes i feel it has a cute taste. or maybe it's because my tongue seems like having a sore or sariawan in Indonesian. hahaha. but anyway, this is a unique recipe to try. i got it from 'Kraft KejuMoo Recipe Book' which is free to have if you buy 2 packs of Kraft Cheddar Cheese and Kraft Quick Melt. okayyy, this is the recipe:
Lime Zest Cookies
for 500 gr
250 gr butter
200 gr castor sugar
5 egg yolks
zest of 1 lime
100 gr chopped cashew nuts, bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently
180 gr shredded cheddar cheese
400 gr low protein flour
50 gr cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks one at a time evenly.
- Add in lime zest, cashew, and shredded cheddar. stir evenly until incorporated.
- Add in sifted flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. stir evenly.
- Spoon the batter and shaped it into balls by using 2 teaspoons. to make a pattern, press it with fork.
- Bake in preheated 150 degree celcius oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
i did modify this recipe a little bit. i didn't use castor sugar but i used granulated sugar, i used kenari (hey, what's the english of it? anybody knows? hehe.) instead of cashew. hehe. you know? when i took those pictures i felt like it's christmas already. i just love the mood of christmas, always have.. hoho. anyhow, just try the recipe, hope you'll like it.. :)