not much too say since i'm in a rush to make a summary of my management and business lecture. so i'll quickly write this post. okay, today i almost fell asleep but my little brother didn't let me to so i started looking for something to occupy me. look for the recipe, search for the simple one, and here i come, cupcakes.. again and again but i was too lazy to make the frosting. hahaha.
Oatmeal Raisin Cupcakes
by Krystina Castella
1/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top
1 cup milk
1.5 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground allspice
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2/3 cup raisins
- preheat the oven to 350 degree fahrenheit or 180 degree celcius. Insert liners into a medium cupcakes pan.
- in a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, and 3/4 cup of the milk with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- in a separate bowl combine the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.
- add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. beat at low speed for 30 seconds to combine the ingredients, then at high speed for 2 minutes. add the remaining 1/4 cup milk and the eggs. continue to beat for 2 minutes. fold in the raisins.
- fill the cupcakes liners three-quarters full. sprinkle with brown sugar. bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. cool cupcakes in the pan.
well, what really happened in my kitchen today is that i forgot to sprinkle the brown sugar but i did sprinkle some chocolate chips. haha. i also made the chocolate one which become Chocolate Oatmeal Raisin Cupcakes, just add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1/3 cup chocolate chips and reduce 1/3 cup of the raisins. but i didn't really like the chocolate one. hmm, yummy! hahaha :))