hello again, i am so shock to know that this month i only write 2 posts. just two?! where's the promise i made to all of you saying i will be able to post maybe 5-7 posts on this new college semester? uh, sorry dear reader and dear foodie-blogger friends. i am kinda busy with my jobs now.. (feel so cool stating it, lol). i am organizing and preparing for my client's birthday next saturday, so it feels a little more hectic in my mind. and also, there are some orders, yay! long lists of orders. so thankful for it though.. :)
when i first read the recipe, what came straight to my imagination is a chocolate scones either with chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. but then i used a chocolate chips and i'm not satisfied with it, because if i want to make a chocolate scones then i had to make the batter sweeter by adding more sugar (which i didn't do). so the scones i made, taste plain with some chocolate chips, weird for my liking. lol. the only thing i could do to save this scones was by taking all the chips out and sandwiched the scones with my favorite pairs. cream cheese and blueberry jam, who would say no to it?! perfect match! just like apple and cinnamon. and i ended up eating all the scones, four to be exact, with blueberry jam and cream cheese. yum!Scones
adapted from Edmonds Cookery Book, NZ
serves 4 slices
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
25 gr butter, chilled and diced
1/3 - 1/2 cup milk
extra milk for greasing
- preheat the oven to 220 degree C. prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- sift all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- rub in the butter into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- gradually add in milk, mix until just combined with a wooden spatula. (mixture will be sticky and wet)
- divide and spoon the mixture evenly into four on the baking sheet.
- bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, more or less. until golden brown.
who knows making scones would be that easy?
i hope you find it interesting.. :)
have a nice day and thanks for reading everyone!