i got this recipe from my cookbook, old one. brownie somehow makes my mood a little lighter in this weather, it's really funny how chocolate can sooth you anytime. brownie eaten with a glass of milk are also nice, though. have it in the morning and you'll have a wonderful day, don't you think so? i should do that more often. i have to admit that i'm not feeling so good these past days, something's bothering me. that something is connected with a biscuit, famous one right now. i just have not made it perfect. i'm stressed out here! i really should tame it before August. but i think, it's another business for another post. i'll tell you the details by the end of this month. let's enjoy the brownie first.
modified from 'Cooking Class Cookbook'
2 squares (1 ounce/ 28 gr each) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 large egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
3 ounces chocolate chips
1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- preheat the oven to 350 deg F (180 deg C). Grease a medium brownie pan; set aside.
- melt the bittersweet chocolate and butter in a double boiler just until the butter melted, stir constantly until chocolate melted and evenly incorporated with the butter. set aside.
- beat egg in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed for 30 seconds. gradually add granulated sugar, beating at medium speed for about 4 minutes until very thick and lemon colored.
- beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. beat in flour and salt at low speed just until blended, do not overmix. fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts with spatula. pour the batter evenly into prepared pan.
- bake 30 minutes or until edges just begin to pull away from sides of pan and center is set. remove pan to wire rack and cool completely before removing the cake out of the pan.
that's all for today fellas! good day and thanks for reading! :)