Mini White Chocolate Cheesecakes
modified from 'The Big Book of Chocolates'
serves 6 - 7 mini cheesecakes
for the crumb crust:
125 gr digestive biscuits
1 tbsp cocoa powder
35 gr butter, melted
- break up the biscuits roughly with your hands and then pulse them in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. add the cocoa and melted butter, and pulse until the mixture is well combined.
for the cheesecake:
butter, for greasing
200 gr cream cheese, softened
5 tbsp caster sugar (reduced to 3 tbsp by me)
1 egg, lightly beaten
125 gr white chocolate, melted and left to cool
100 ml double cream
- preheat the oven to 180 degree C/ 350 degree F. grease 6 holes of a large muffin tin with butter and line each with a strip of baking paper, extending it up the sides. divide the crumb crust mixture evenly between the holes and press down firmly to form the cheesecake bases.
- in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy, using an electric hand mixer, then beat in the egg. stir in the melted chocolate and cream, using a wooden spoon, then divide the mixture between the holes.
- bake in the hot oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheesecakes are just set and beginning to brown. remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool for 15 minutes.
- remove the cheesecakes from the tin, using the strips of baking paper to help you, transfer to individual plates and leave to cool completely. chill for 1 hour before serving.
have a nice day people, thanks for reading! :)