sometimes last week, i've been visiting bookstore very often without any personal intention on buying any books. i'm just looking at some cookbooks, design books, literature, craft books, in the end i was just looking for a good book to read there and not at home. i love going to the bookstores and i will always will..
i found myself tempted so much for chocolate cookbooks. i have had one in my house, but i just wanted to have more and more if only i didn't think about the money since i was looking at an imported cookbook. my bf is a huge fan of chocolate, not that i'm not, i'm just not that crazy. by looking at those chocolate cookbook, one thing popped in my mind was that i want to make him some chocolate desserts again, it's been a while from the last time i made him a chocolate dessert (i didn't even do it on valentine's day, poor him). so i searched for something that he would definitely like, a chocolate mousse. he's been asking me to make this since a long-long time ago, i don't know why i finally just made it two days ago.. hehe.
100 gr dark cooking chocolate
50 gr milk chocolate
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
splash of kahlua / rum / chocolate liqueur (about 2 tbsp)
2 eggs, separated
pinch of salt
1 tbsp sugar
cocoa powder for dusting
- melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. remove from heat, directly add the liqueur. cool slightly.
- add the egg yolks into the chocolate batter plus the vanilla extract, beat until smooth.
- in a separate clean large bowl, whisk the egg whites with pinch of salt until they form soft peaks. add the sugar, continue whisking until they form stiff peaks.
- prepare 2 cooking rings on small serving plates, then spoon the mixture into the rings and level them. let them set by chilling it in the fridge for at least 3 hours or until set.
- before serving, take the mousses out of the fridge let stand for a while in the room temperature, remove the rings and dust with cocoa powder or a dollop of whipped cream.
that's all for today's post, thanks for reading.. :D