hello everyone! first of all i would like to say Happy Eid Mubarak for all of my friends who celebrate this big day. :) well, we are in quite a long holiday because of Eid Mubarak here in Indonesia. Eid Mubarak is celebrated greatly here. we usually celebrate it with some cookies and rice patties with opor ayam, even if we don't celebrate Eid Mubarak, we would still crave for those rice patties. hahaha. but i could just present you this strawberry jam thumbprint cookies.
this strawberry thumbprint cookies was actually my modification of ananas tart or nastar. i was too lazy to make the pineapple jam by myself, so i tweaked it by using store-bought strawberry jam since i still have 2 jars of strawberry jam in my fridge. it really is a lot simpler to make it like this than make it with the pineapple version and let's be honest it really looks more beautiful right?! like a jewel, like ruby pendant. my mom said, it would be nicer if the dough was rolled in something crunchy like cornflakes or crushed nuts. i couldn't be more agree or at least i should give it some egg wash. we shall try it next time!
aside from this cookies, i was sooo happy to announce that my silliest high school best friend will be arriving in the city tomorrow! she's studying in Seattle and hasn't been going home for 2 years, so to see her again tomorrow will be terrific. i am so crazily excited! hahaha. i have planned to make her this and that but let's see what comes next. i bet she wants to go outside having some fun in fancy restaurant. but i will still make something for her :D okayy, now for you who has been waiting for the recipe of this thumbprint cookies, check it out!
125 gr butter
25 gr icing sugar
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
150 gr all purpose flour
50 gr cornflour
- preheat oven to 160 degree C. line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- cream butter and salt until a little pale, gradually add icing sugar. beat until light color and all the sugar has been evenly incorporated. add the egg yolk.
- sift flour and cornflour into the butter mixture. knead lightly until the dough comes together.
- add about 1 tsp of the dough and shape the dough into a ball. (you may roll the dough-ball in crushed nuts on this step). repeat until all the dough has been used.
- arrange all the balls on a baking sheets, press each ball with your thumb until it makes a well that won't leak.
- spoon strawberry jam into piping bag, pipe the jam into the well that you've made. bake at preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on the edge.
that's all for today guys!
thanks for reading!
HAPPY EID MUBARAK :)