there's a reason why i didn't post anything last week. some of my closest person has just passed away last Monday. she's one of my inspirational person in the kitchen, she's my grandmother or as i called her Popo. well, i have two grandmas, one from my mom and one from my dad. they are both so good in the kitchen and none of their home-made food taste bad for me, but my popo specializes in cooking and didn't really do much of baking. however, she is really a sweet-tooth! she really loves cakes and pastries. she oftenly visits us here and sometimes stay for a month or so. everytime i make something, she always pays some attention and eagerly waited for the finished result.. ah, i miss her already even though she annoys me sometimes with those extra attention. hahaha. but just like an old saying, you don't miss your water 'til the well runs dry - you don't know what you've got until it's gone. so, to pay some tribute for her and to reminisce some of those good times with her, here's a list of her favorites from my blog:
- Onbitjkoek - this is an old time favorite for elderly, popo likes it because it's not too sweet and maybe it brings back some nostalgic taste for her.
- Lemon Madeleines - she really loves the smell of lemon and everytime i make something with lemon she always asks for some leftover lemon to mix with her morning tea.
- Milk Bangket - she likes this bangket but she said to me that it was too sweet.
- Mille Feuille - i remembered she looks so satisfied eating it. it really makes me happy. :)
- Ha Kao - she must loves this, because it is our heritage, chinese food. she is a huge fan of dim-sum and seafood. but my hakao wasn't perfect that time, if only i still had a chance to give her the perfect one.
- Torta Pasqualina - remember when i say i ate half of the pan alone? well, the other half was eaten by her :). this is probably the last of my creation that she ate. however, a day before she went into a crisis, i had a chance to make her a vegan agar-agar with soya milk and chocolate.
well, wherever she is now, i'm sure she's happy! may you rest in peace my dear Popo..