- toast tapioca starch with pandan leaves (i used 2 leaves) until the leaves look crisp and dry. remove from heat, let cool until reach room temperature.
- mix all the ingredients together. shape the mixture using a biscuit mold (i used chocolate pralines' mold).
- bake in 140 degree C oven for about 10 minutes.
- let cool on the baking tray, move them gently after it cools down.
by Arfi Binsted
175 ml coconut milk
1 cinnamon quill
3 whole cloves
1 cardamom pod, squashed
1/2 nutmeg, bruised
1 lemon grass, bruised
150 gr dark palm sugar
50 gr powdered sugar
50 gr ginger, grated
100 gr margarine
500 gr tapioca starch, toasted
1 egg yolk
- boil coconut milk with dark palm sugar and all spices. sieve and let cool.
- beat margarine, powdered sugar, and egg yolk until fluffy.
- beat in the flour, mix until incorporated. add in the coconut milk mixture, mix well.
- shape the mixture using biscuit mold (i used chocolate pralines' mold).
- bake in 150 degree C oven for about 20 minutes.