this cookies used to be nibbled when i was a child. me and daddy were so close before and we mostly do the grocery shopping. my dad really loves to go to supermarket. hihi. and in some supermarket, we could buy this sweet treats. however, the taste of the bought cookies with this one that i made are not the same. the bought one taste more rustic, mine tastes a little richer (blame the butter).
modified from 'Gulaku'
150 gr butter or margarine
75 gr castor sugar
2 egg yolks
250 gr all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
for the icing:
1 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
145 gr icing sugar
4 tbsp cornflour
food flavoring / coloring
- prepare 2 large greased baking trays, preheat the oven to 150 degree C.
- cream sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. beat in the egg yolks. add in the flour and baking powder. mix until incorporated.
- spoon about 1/2 tsp of the dough and shape them into a ball smaller than marble. place on the prepared baking tray. do until all the dough is used.
- bake until half done, remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- make the icing: beat in the egg whites with cream of tartar until they form a foam. add in the powdered sugar, mix until they are evenly incorporated, add in the cornflour. when you think it's already in the right consistency, do next step. otherwise, add more icing sugar to make it stiffer.
- divide the icing into 3 or 4 bowls. color each of them differently with food coloring or food flavoring. spoon each other into a piping bag with stars tip.
- pipe on top of each cool cookies. bake again in the oven until completely done.
that's all for today.. good luck! :)
thanks for reading..