hey there! i made coconut milk pannacotta with mango jelly last week. it turns out great, i love it. the tropical combo between coconut milk and mango never fail to freshen up the day. i have tons of things i wanted to make now but i just still couldn't find the right time to actually make it. i hope this week i could make at least two of them.
wow, turns out i'm so happy to see these photos of the pannacotta, the colors are so cheerful and brighten up my day. this is very good because i wasn't feeling that shiny today, i don't know why, but maybe i'm just a little exhausted over yesterday's work out. i'm starting a healthy life by this month, which means i'll be doing some sports and work my body. hopefully i could be very consistent about it. because i couldn't just stay in the kitchen baking and making a lot of sweets, eating it, and not having any sports. it's like drowning my self into the sea of diabetes. lol. so this is also a precaution and message for all of you my favorite readers, who have a very sweet tooth like me yet doesn't like doing sports, we really should do some exercise for our body! for the sake of our health.
well, now let's talk about the pannacotta.. pannacotta has becoming so famous lately. it's like everywhere i go to cafe or patisserie they must have some variations of pannacotta. the amount of people entering my blog with keywords 'pannacotta' is also seriously so much. i couldn't blame anyone for this, since pannacotta is like the best dessert in my world. i've made the original one, then the yoghurt one, and this is the coconut milk version. i wonder what will i modify again next. any idea? i want to make the matcha version of this. still don't know when though. lol. so anyway, for you pannacotta lovers, savor this!
Coconut Milk Pannacotta with Mango Jelly
serves approx. 8 glasses
500 ml coconut milk
300 ml heavy cream
225 gr sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
4 sheets gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water
250 gr mangoes, pureed
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 sheets gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water
1 tbsp white rum (light rum)
- heat together coconut milk, cream, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until just almost boiling. stir frequently. remove from heat. squeeze the soaked gelatine leaves to remove any excess water. add the gelatine into the hot coconut milk mixture. stir until gelatine dissolves.
- pour the coconut milk mixture into the prepared glass with the same amount (about 100ml each). chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- prepare the mango jelly: put the mango puree in a large bowl, set aside.
- heat lemon juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves, just hot but not boiling. squeeze the soaked gelatine to remove any excess water, add it into the lemon juice and sugar. stir until dissolve.
- add the gelatine mixture while still warm into the mango puree. stir until evenly incorporated. add the light rum into the puree.
- take out the coconut milk pannacotta from the chiller, pour the mango mixture on top of it. divide evenly each glass.
so, that's all for today i guess! i hope you enjoy this!
THANKS FOR READING! :D