hello! i just got back from my vacation last thursday. i do have some photos to share with you, but it will be on next week's post. i haven't got the chance to finish sorting it. and this morning, freshly from my oven, i have some nice treat for you all. cheese muffin.
i am pretty happy to know that now i can make muffin with good result constantly. this muffin is so simple and it is completed with cheddar cheese. the cake itself is sweet but with the saltiness of the diced cheddar inside and grated cheddar on top, it gives the lovely flavor i would always miss and fond of. i think Dunkin Donut's used to have this kind of muffin in their store here. i love making muffin, it's so simple but delicious. with this basic cake batter, you can add anything you want inside the cake. such as fruits or anything savories like smoked ham or tuna and you can also add some veggies in it if you like.
i intended to make a matcha latte to accompany my muffin. but my matcha latte tastes completely ugly, i think my matcha powder isn't originally a matcha powder because even the color looks bad. i should buy a new one, the famous taiwanese one perhaps. so, in order to keep my self happy, i make another drink for me - a hot chocolate. it's easy and practical and always delicious. who wouldn't love it on a Monday morning breakfast?!
Cheddar Cheese Muffin
for 6 - 8 muffin cup
175 gr cake flour, sifted
125 gr butter
50 ml milk
pinch of salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
75 gr sugar
1 tsp baking powder
50 gr cheddar cheese, diced into small cubes
25 gr grated cheddar cheese, for topping
- preheat oven to 180 degree C or 350 degree F. line muffin tins with paper liner.
- in a medium saucepan, combine milk, butter, and salt. heat until all the butter has melted. let cool. meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients including the diced cheddar cheese.
- add in the eggs into the butter and milk mixture, beat together until foamy.
- add the eggs mixture into the dry ingredients. fold lightly just until evenly incorporated. do not overbeat. spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins. topped each one with grated cheddar cheese.
- bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
nom-nom.. i still munching it until now.
have a nice Monday everyone!
thanks for reading.. :)